It seems like almost everything a woman does, results in unwanted weight gain. I’m sure that you’ve heard the terrible tales of menopausal weight gain, but will it happen to you? The answer is – maybe, but it doesn’t have to be this way.
Weight gain may result from changes in your hormone levels, slowing metabolism, medication, changes to your lifestyle, or other changes to your biological functioning as you age. It is important to monitor our weight as we age, to reduce the risk of diabetes, heart disease, and other delightful illnesses.
- Keep your focus on living a healthy life, rather than worrying about your weight
- Eat a well-balanced diet, with plenty of protein, fibre, and calcium
- Reduce sugary, fatty and fried foods
- Exercise for 30 minutes every day
- Include some strength exercises in your weekly routine (like weights and stretches)
- Drink plenty of water
- Take care of your mental health