Knowing what body shape you are will help you select clothing which makes the most of your natural assets. This is based on your shape, not size or weight.
You can use this calculator from the OMNI site to help you work out where you fit.
Commonly Occurring Body types :
- Hourglass: this body shape is balanced and harmonious. The bust and hips are proportional and well-balanced, and the waist is clearly defined.
- Vase/Top hourglass: it is similar to the regular hourglass with a beautifully defined waist. Your bust is visibly larger than your hips.
- Vase/Inverted triangle: inverted triangles have a subtle waist and a proportionally larger upper body. Your bust and shoulders are quite wide, and the hips are slim.
- Pear/Bottom hourglass: just like the top hourglass, this body type has a clearly defined waist. Your bust is smaller than the hips.
- Cello/Spoon: if you’re a spoon, your hips are much larger than your bust. Your hips have a shelf-like appearance, and you have a nicely defined waist.
- Triangle: triangles have a slim upper body and wide hips (typically wider than the shoulders). Their waist is not clearly accentuated.
- Apple: Apples have similar measurements for top and bottom, and their waist is not clearly accentuated. You may have a rounded stomach.
- Athletic/Boyish/Rectangle: this is a “boyish” body type – your hips, waist, and bust are about the same size. Your body is well proportioned and athletic in appearance.