Mental health services

Looking for a mental health service?

See your GP. She/he will be able to recommend a practitioner in your area.

You may also wish to look for recommendations through the following organisations:

The Royal Australian & New Zealand College of Psychiatrists

Australian Clinical Psychology Association 

Australian Psychological Society

Headspace is the national youth mental health foundation. They can help young people who are going through a tough time.

If you are experiencing depression, anxiety or stress, you may find it helpful to talk to somebody about your mental health.

Lifeline is a national charity open to all Australians in personal crisis. They have 24 hour crisis support and suicide prevention services.

Solace Australia provides support for people who have lost their partner.

Articles of interest:

Therapies – Which is best for me?